Fractalus 0.8.0 alpha build is now available for download from the Fractalus project page, and is now available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux!
Fractalus 0.8 has been entirely rewritten using Unity Engine so that I can focus more on the game itself instead of spending most of my time working on my own custom engine. There isn’t much new in the way of features or gameplay in 0.8 over the previous build as most of the time was spent on porting everything across to Unity. As I can now focus more on the gameplay and art rather than the engine code, I will hopefully be able to release new builds more frequently than every few years.
Here’s what’s new in 0.8.0;
- Rewrote Fractalus using Unity engine.
- Real-time shadows and lighting and various other graphics enhancements from Unity engine.
- Improved planet entry/exit sequence.
- Improved auto-pilot control during landing/launch sequence.
- Improved world dust.
- Improved cockpit viewscreen rendering.
- Added launch tunnel model.
- Menus can now be navigated with mouse.