Fractalus 0.6.0 alpha build is now available for download from the Fractalus project page.
Here’s what’s new in 0.6.0;
- Terrain is no longer quite so steep
- HUD redesign (Wing clearance, Enemy lock-on, Dangerous Altitude, More accurate to original HUD)
- Options have been added (Inverted Y, Dust, High-res terrain, Screen settings)
- Ship now auto-levels while flying
- Returning to mothership now aligns your ship correctly before boosting
- Turrets now use beam weapons instead of bolt weapons
- Turrets can now lock on to you to get a more accurate shot
- Turrets no longer attempt to fire through terrain
- Turrets now only spawn on high points on the terrain
- Targetting scope/viewscreen now has a constrained FOV like the original
- Added flying saucers that appear in the distance, chase you and attempt to crash into your ship
- Camera jitter added, for extra impact with explosions
If you have any thoughts, comments or feedback, head over to the forum and post them!