This remake is still in development so many features are yet to be implemented.
Fractalus 0.8.0 for Windows (24.8MB)
Fractalus 0.8.0 for Windows (32-bit) (23.4MB)
Minimum OS: Windows Vista SP1
Fractalus 0.8.0 for MacOS (44.2MB)
Minimum OS: MacOS 10.9+
Fractalus 0.8.0 for Linux (47.7MB)
OpenGL 3.2 support required
Proprietary GPU drivers recommended
0.8.0 alpha - 2018-03-25
- Rewrote Fractalus using Unity engine.
- Real-time shadows and lighting and various other graphics enhancements from Unity engine.
- Improved planet entry/exit sequence.
- Improved auto-pilot control during landing/launch sequence.
- Improved world dust.
- Improved cockpit viewscreen rendering.
- Added launch tunnel model.
- Menus can now be navigated with mouse.
0.7.1 alpha - 2015-08-24
- Fixed some bugs that were causing Fractalus to crash on start, exit, and joystick map define.
0.7.0 alpha - 2015-08-03
- Added cockpit, cockpit instrument panel models and textures.
- Added cockpit mesh, rotates slightly depending on ship turn motions.
- Added artificial horizon instrument.
- Added compass cockpit panel.
- Added wing clearance cockpit panel.
- Added HUD mode option, can be set to 0.5, 0.6 or 0.7.
- Added option to toggle cockpit model in 0.7 mode.
- Added option to toggle cockpit motion in 0.7 mode.
- Added named indicators to cockpit HUD on left side.
- Cockpit instruments turn red momentarily when ship is damaged.
- Added ship impact sound when colliding with terrain.
- Added ship damaged by laser sound.
- Engine sound now changes in pitch based on velocity.
- Saucer alert noise is no longer a constant droning noise.
- Saucers now have a deep humming engine noise when they get close.
- Defaulted graphics settings to HD terrain and Dust enabled.
- Fixed texture repeat frequency on high-detail terrain.
- Starfield on title screen now slowly rotates.
- Stars now rotate along with sun.
- Highlighted menu entry now has subtle pulse.
- Fixed saucers occasionally appearing black.
- Joystick Support
- Implemented joystick controls for all game functions.
- Implemented joystick support for menus.
- Added joystick control mapping options.
- Added joystick haptic feedback.
- Smoothed terrain map slightly.
- Severely reduced terrain collision damage.
- Saucers now do 300 damage upon collision instead of 2500.
- Saucer collision now results in a much smaller alteration of player flight vector.
- Saucers will now ignore player if systems are off (regardless of whether player is landed).
- Saucers now move 37.5% slower, allowing the player to outrun them.
- Saucers now spawn slightly less frequently.
- Saucer behaviour slightly improved, will not follow you into deep trenches.
- Increased turret target lock and firing range.
- Updated Fractalus to compile under GCC 4.8.2.
- Fractalus now uses SDL 2.0 instead of SDL 1.2.
0.6.0 alpha - 2012-02-19
- Terrain is no longer quite so steep.
- HUD redesign;
- Added wing clearance bars.
- Added enemy lock-on meter.
- Added dangerous altitude meter.
- New layout - More accurate to the original HUD.
- Options have been added;
- Inverted Y for controls is now optional.
- Optional dust clouds in game (experimental).
- Optional higher resolution terrain (experimental).
- Ship now auto-levels while flying.
- Returning to mothership now aligns your ship correctly before boosting.
- Turrets now use beam weapons instead of bolt weapons.
- Turrets can now lock on to you to get a more accurate shot.
- Turrets no longer attempt to fire through terrain.
- Turrets now only spawn on high points on the terrain.
- Targetting scope/viewscreen now has a constrained FOV like the original.
- Added flying saucers that appear in the distance, chase you and attempt to crash into your ship.
- Camera jitter added, for extra impact with explosions.
0.5.0 alpha - 2010-08-18
- Public alpha release
'Rescue on Fractalus', 'Fractalus', 'J'hagga Ri Kachatki', and 'Behind Jaggi Lines' are trademarks of LucasArts.